Here are slides created for a fast-paced 8-hour introductory workshop/short course on the application of modern Bayes analysis using the WinBUGS/OpenBUGS software. This material is at a BS level and can serve as a first look at Bayesian statistics. More complete material (at an MS level) is available on this site here.
- A Simple Discrete Example of the “Bayes Paradigm”-BasicBayesModule1
- A (Relatively) Simple Continuous Example of the “Bayes Paradigm”-BasicBayesModule2
- Bayes Computation via Markov Chain Monte Carlo (or “What if I can’t Do Multivariate Calculus?” )-BasicBayesModule3
- A First Look at WinBUGS/OpenBUGS and Practical Bayes Computation-BasicBayesModule4
- An Example of What Can Go Wrong With Gibbs and More on Diagnostics-BasicBayesModule5
- Some One-Sample Normal Examples-BasicBayesModule6
- Some Multivariate Normal Examples-BasicBayesModule7
- Some Multi-Sample Examples-BasicBayesModule8
The materials on this site may be used without charge for non-commercial personal educational purposes. Any copies made of the materials must bear printed acknowledgment of their Analytics Iowa LLC source.